Position Location: UK or Switzerland
General Terms of Reference
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Gold Standard now has a broad NGO Supporter Network and 2000+ projects in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
Gold Standard is now a benchmark standard and policy thought leader in both compliance and voluntary carbon markets, and is broadening its scope to corporate climate action and sustainable finance. This involves developing standards and guidance to unlock key aspects of targets and reporting, certifying projects and programmes and sharing and advocating for best practices.
We are looking for a skilled Senior HR Officer who will bring experience and passion to advance the HR components within our organization. You will have a chance to co-shape and implement revised HR policies and procedures, and will be responsible for recruiting, training, development, performance evaluation etc. Additionally, you will support staff welfare planning and will contribute to making the foundation (with highly motivated and committed team) an even better place to work.
- Support the development and implementation of the new HR and Organizational Development initiative
- Support the management in planning for future personnel hiring to achieve Gold Standard’s strategic goals
- Develop training and learning solutions to support strengthening the capacity of managers to effectively attract, engage, develop and manage the talent
HR policy implementation
- Work closely with various departments, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Lead the coordination of annual performance management processes and employee evaluation
- Plan and implement annual training and development programs
- Ensure meticulous implementation of the compensation and benefits scheme across countries and work with the management on individual staff development strategies
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
Recruitment and hiring
- Lead recruitment efforts by working closely with the hiring team, developing job descriptions, posting ads, shortlisting, interviewing and managing the hiring process
- Ensure adherence to local labor laws and regulations
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans
Assistance and support to employees
- Provide counseling and support on HR policies and procedures
- Maintain employee records according to HR policy and legal requirements
- Oversee the health and safety of all employees
- Ensure that all employees have a clear sense of development
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience as an HR Officer or similar HR role in a fast moving environment
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field. Additional HR education and certification will be a plus
- Experience in various HR functions such as recruitment and hiring, training and development, performance evaluation, employee benefits etc.
- Good understanding of local and/or international labor laws
- Strong ethical standards and proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with the ability to work with a range of staff based all around the world
- Enthusiasm for making efficiency improvements to existing processes
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the environment or sustainable development a plus
The salary for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications for this role will close on October 31st, 2021. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.