The Gold Standard Foundation seeks a highly motivated individual to join our standard development team to lead the standard development and improvements with a focus on mitigation solutions under LUF scope.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
The Gold Standard Foundation is looking to build our team with exceptional people who are excited and driven to shape and deliver this ambition and uphold our values. We are now seeking a Standard Development & Innovations Manager (LUF) to join our team.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Development and Updates - Standard
- Leading standard development and improvements
- Leading review and approval of proposed updates to rules, procedures, methodologies, tools, or guidance to design, develop and align standards, rules, requirements and procedures with best practices
- Technical inputs to the development of new methodologies
- Managing and ensuring standard compliance with organisation such as CORSIA,
- Contributing to Gold Standard flagship programmes for example - GSIQ, on standard related matters
Governing committees & Subject matter experts
- Leading stakeholder engagement, including leading discussion with advisory Committee, gathering feedback from project developer, industry & subject matter experts and relevant stakeholders
- Managing and establish relationships with subject matter experts for methodology development and review
Training/capacity development strategy
- Leading capacity building activities on standard related matters for project developers, VVB and other stakeholders
- Identifying opportunities for standard expansion and growth
- Identifying emerging opportunities and contribute subject matter expertise/ business requirements to GS’s Standard digitization initiative
- Contributing to the development of ideas, concepts and proposals for standard expansion related activities
- Gathering intelligence on technology/market trends on standard adoptions and report to the leadership team on a recurring basis
- Contributing to building a high-performing team for methodology related matters
- Representing Gold Standard at conferences, workshops and events on methodology related matters
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in carbon project development or carbon/sustainability standards
- Technical understanding of forest based carbon market mechanisms including CDM and voluntary standards and new developments under Paris Agreement
- Experience with carbon credit project development or validation/verification is an asset. Experience of handling carbon projects in Forestry and/or Agriculture sectors is an asset.
- Understanding of emission reduction/ carbon sequestration process, monitoring and verification techniques including application of remote sensing and GIS in forestry and/ or agriculture.
- Understanding of carbon accounting frameworks of IPCC and GHG Protocol on AFOLU
- Familiarity with models/ softwares used for carbon accounting in land use sector
- Prior experience in standards setting/ methodology development would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with a range of staff based all around the world
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
The application date for this role has been extended to 3rd July 2022. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.