The Gold Standard Foundation seeks a highly motivated individual to join our Standard Development team to lead the development of innovative and robust methodologies, with a focus on mitigation solutions under LUF scope.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. Certification against the standard provides the confidence that these results are measured and verified, enabling credible impact reporting. ISEAL Code Compliant and backed by a broad NGO Supporter Network, Gold Standard has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Development and updates - standard
- Leading development, review and approval of new methodologies and tools for carbon market, climate finance and corporate initiatives
- Leading development of tools, guiding materials for methodology users and technical inputs to standard development for methodology adoption
- Leading technical updates/revisions to rules and procedures relevant to methodologies to help maintain the robustness, alignment with the latest scientific understanding and best practices approaches
- Managing regular methodology updates review and approval
- Managing methodology review and procedure and update
- Contributing to Gold Standard flagship programmes for example - GSIQ, on methodology related matters/ Digital MRV
Governing committees & Subject matter experts
- Leading stakeholder engagement, including discussion with methodology experts and advisory committee, gather feedback from methodology developers, users, subject matter experts and other stakeholders
- Managing and establish relationships with subject matter experts for methodology development and review
Training/capacity development strategy
- Leading capacity building activities, including the development of training material for methodology users and auditors to promote the application of new methodologies
- Identifing emerging opportunities for new and innovative methodologies development and innovative technology-based solutions for standard/ methodology level adoptions
- Identifing emerging opportunities and contribute subject matter expertise/ business requirements to GS’s Standard digitization initiative
- Contributing to opportunities for methodology development collaboration with methodology developers
- Gathering intelligence on new technologies and innovative solutions and report to the leadership team regularly
- Contributing to building a high-performing team for methodology related matters
- Representing Gold Standard at conferences, workshops and events on methodology related matters
YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in land use and forestry or carbon project development
- Technical understanding of CDM, voluntary carbon standards and new developments post-Paris Agreement is an asset
- Experience in developing practical tools, guidance materials, or methodologies
- Experience in project/process management
- Understanding of forestry inventories, soil sampling, and/or monitoring of biomass change
- Technical understanding of remote sensing technologies is desirable
- Affinity towards statistical analysis, data analysis, or data modelling
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, with an eye for detail
- Good collaboration and communication skills with the ability to coordinate a highly diverse and dispersed team and network of experts.
- A broad expert network in the topics of nature-based solutions, remote sensing, sustainable agriculture, soil science, or forestry is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Other benefits to working at Gold Standard include:
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
The application date for this role has been extended to 3rd July 2022.